“Work a lot, Travel, Save, Repeat”.
I grew up travelling regularly with my dad, who had a job that took him regularly to India, Asia and Europe. But when I got to adulthood I totally still had the travel bug, so had to get that fix somehow.
I found myself in the position that the girl I had fallen in love with had decided to go travelling (before I had actually met her) so I took the opportunity to go on my own trip. I worked hard to save up, working two jobs for nearly a year. Then I followed my own path and had the literal time of my life, joining up on the road with the woman who would eventually become the mother of my children.
And yes, we do still travel regularly.
“Not all those who wander are lost”
Travel for travel’s sake can be cleansing for the soul. Don’t be afraid to lose sight of your destination and enjoy the journey.
- “Travel is an investment in yourself”
“You can always make more money. You can never make more time”
If you use the excuse that travel costs a lot of money, well… It doesn’t have to. You can easily travel and explore on a shoestring budget. But the travel quote above sums it up for me. Life is short and we need to make the most of it. Remember that money is just fleeting but experiences last forever.
“No-one on their deathbed said, ‘I wish I hadn’t travelled so much’ “
Life is a journey and travel is an adventure. On your deathbed you won’t remember the money you made but you will remember the experiences you had.
- “The adventure is no more about money than about courage.” – Paulo Coello.
- “An adventure is a journey that should only measure friendship and not distance.” – Timothy Cahill.
“If you want a priceless travel tip, take twice the money and half the clothes”
Overpacking is a real problem for many of us, especially in the current age of digital nomadism and Instagram. But the chances are that half of your travel clothes will go unworn.
- “Take only pictures, leave only footprints”
- “Live life without excuses, travel without regrets” – Oscar Wilde
- “Life is a journey and has no destination.”
- “There’s nowhere but everywhere you’re going.“– Kerouaque.
- “Live life with the compass rather than the clock”. -Stephen Coveney.
- “With a good mentality or spirit, only the sky is the limit.”
Leave a Reply